Our key events

Masan first started operations in 1996

Masan Group Corporation was incorporated in November 2004 under the name Ma San Shipping Corporation. We officially changed our name to Ma San Group Corporation in August 2009 and were successfully listed on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange on 5 November 2009. Our name was formally changed to Masan Group Corporation in July 2015 in order to be consistent with our corporate brand and practice. While the listed entity was formally incorporated in 2004, Masan, through our majority shareholder and our underlying operating businesses and their predecessor companies, has been in existence as a business group since 1996.

As Vietnam develops economically, our consumers and their needs continue to evolve, moving beyond daily essentials to a wider array of tailored products, services and experiences that reflect their modern lifestyles and aspirations. Consumers are also increasingly tech-savvy and value convenience. Anticipating these changes, Masan Group has gone beyond being a producer of branded consumer goods and is well on its’ journey to becoming an integrated offline-to-online consumer-tech ecosystem.

Thriving for a
better life

Aug 2022

The Sherpa Company Limited, a direct subsidiary of Masan Group acquired 10,837,500 ordinary shares, equivalent to 34% equity interests of Phuc Long Heritage Corporation for a total consideration of VND3,617,700 million. As a result of this transaction, Masan Group’s equity interests in Phuc Long Heritage has increased from 51% to 85%.

Jul 2022

H.C. Starck Tungsten Powders, a wholly owned subsidiary of Masan High-Tech Materials, announced the signing of definitive agreements to invest £45m (approx. €52m) into Nyobolt Limited, a fast-charging Li-ion battery solutions company that leverages HCS’s advanced tungsten materials in its anode, for a 15% equity interest on a fully diluted basis.

Jul 2022

Masan received certificate to develop Southwestern Food Industrial Center No.2 at Song Hau Industrial Park, Chau Thanh district, Hau Giang province.

Apr 2022

Masan Group Corporation closed its USD65 million investment for 25% of Trusting Social Company JSC, the Vietnam subsidiary of Singapore based Trust IQ Pte. Ltd. (“Trusting Social”). The partnership with Trusting Social will accelerate Masan’s off-to-online vision to provide Retail and Consumer AI and fintech solutions to power its consumer-tech ecosystem.

Jan 2022

MSN acquired an additional 31% stake in Phuc Long, increasing its ownership to 51%. At a purchase price of USD110 million, the implied equity valuation of Phuc Long was USD355 million.